I think I broke my own record for blog silence.
Can't count high enough to tell you how many times I've been asked, "Are you dead?"
No, I'm not dead. Felt like it at times, maybe wished I was, but I'm alive, kicking and coughing - thanks to the flu-y type things floating around.
Over the past few months I've been taking a break. Kinda reevaluating my life. What's important. What's not. Chasing ways to Make More Money and getting overwhelmed and discouraged.
Learning the definition of the words "simplify" and "focus".
I've come to the conclusion that I've been trying to do too much for all the wrong reasons. I've been struggling and fighting in my own strength the solve the How-will-we-feed-our-family-this-week problem. Taking on so much, I get NOTHING done.
Did you know it's possible to do so much you accomplish NOTHING?
Here's what I've learned.
- I'm not the Avon queen - being as disorganized as I am, I can barely handle my own customers on top of being in leadership. I think I need to pass my downline to someone more organized and less scattered and keep my current customers happy
- My novel may take a loooooooooooooong time to sell. Kinda knew that, but reality is hitting. It's time to let the process work and start something fresh and new
- 9 years of teaching guard doesn't mean I got it all down. I'm in a new school, with new kids and feel like I've never done this before. My students are stretching me, challenging me to grow and evolve
- I'm a mom. 3.5 year old boys need their mommies and love it when said mommies disengage from the computer
- Laundry doesn't do itself
- Spreading myself thin makes me holey. When I try to manage a dozen unrelated projects by spreading myself like a small pie crust in a huge pan, parts of me break and gaping holes open up and nothing turns out well
- Litterboxes don't clean themselves
- I've been waiting on Big Things to Happen rather than waiting on the Lord.
- Small boys can flood bathrooms when left to themselves for more than 45 seconds
- Friends are worth more than money
- People do care about me
- God won't let me or my family starve - he'll send people along with groceries or I'll get a call from a friend who found a great deal on potatoes and she bought more than she could use and wants to know if I need some
- Less is more
- I'm not stupid
- I have a destiny (don't know what it is yet)
- This too shall pass