Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eat! Eat! Eat! Eat!


Oh somebody help me! I'm seeing Blob burgers instead of a very fat cat. Had to do the drop-food-on-the-table-and-get-away, far, far away thing when I fed Kyle.

This is why I don't fast.

I can't handle the growlies, the cravings!

Keyboards aren't edible. As long as I'm writing and reading something I can't eat. I'm so desperate for diversion I popped off an entry to a writing contest!

Agent Rachelle Gardner has a picture prompt and is asking for 100 word "stories". Mine is way bizarre. Would you expect anything less from moi?

Ramble alert:
Last night at ACFW, HIS Writers, I found out I need to have a huge list of captured e-mails in order for an agent to notice me. We're talking 10 - 15K! Ummmmmm. . . .

How?

The why is to prove I have an established reader base.

I hate it when my e-mail addy is captured. Don't really want to go that route, but what if my blog gets lots of subscribers and lots of hits? Help me out here, show some litter!

Spread the love!

I make you laugh.

I'm funny.

Funnier than that VW comercial for their new crossover vehicle featuring a talking slug-bug.

Oh, I need to get out of this house where inanimate edible objects are calling my name.

Three hours. Three more hours until I'm put out of my vacuous misery. Then I'll be too sick to eat.

Not. Fair.

4 comments:

WordVixen said...

Deep calming breaths. Ok. Good. Now, go read Miss Snark (misssnark.blogspot.com). If you're writing fiction, all you need is great writing, and a great query letter. Fanbase/platform is for non-fiction. Deep breaths.

C.J. Darlington said...

I second Wordvixen!

Jan Parrish said...

Praying for you Darcie. I prayed right at 12:30 and on the hour there after. I hope today went well - anxious to hear!

Robbie Iobst said...

Darcie you are a kook! A fabulous wonderful kook! I am praying for your recovery and quick healing. May our Lord keep you comforted and joyful!