Thursday, May 25, 2006

Miles of smiles

I've been bad, very bad I know... I'm hearing from many of you about how INFREQUENTLY I'm posting. This should make you all happy - Kyle smiles! God has blessed John and I with the cutest baby in the whole wide world.

Since 7:30 this morning, I have been printing pictures and putting together Kyle's baby picture book. No, I DON'T do the scrapbooking thing - are you kidding? Me? I prefer the print the pic and slide it in the slot type of album. Besides, a good photographer doesn't need all that gobbelty goo to distract from the photo... ;)

I'm amazed at how much Kyle has changed. From a squinchy Mr. Magoo faced human larva, to a smiley little boy!

Today he made a sound while smiling. I think he laughed as I made funny faces above him.

I'm also amazed at how much I have changed too. Im not as insecure as I was. I actually think I'm beginning to really like the mom thing. My friend Melissa asked me at play group yesterday (Kyle's first) how I liked being a stay at home mom. I told her I like it alot. She gave me one of those "told ya so" smiles. Melissa has been one of the most encouraging people. She has two kids, her youngest is 3 weeks older than Kyle. (He tells me he's gonna marry Emma someday...)
She has been very honest about how hard motherhood is, but also highlights the rewards.

Yesterday as I hauled baby up Mount Carbon behind my bike, a roadie stud passed my huffing along self, praising my tenacity at attacking the hill, congratulating me on motherhood, and telling me that I'm signed up for the next 25 years! Yep. I am. I can't wait to see the person God devlopes as my son.

No comments: