Friday, May 30, 2008

God knows. God sees.

Ever feel like God doesn't know what you're going through? Oftentimes, my cries are met by;

Nothing.

Silence.

Pain.

I was convinced He had no clue. Nor did He care.

Until . . .

Healing Stones: A Sullivan Crisp Novel by Nancy Rue & Stephen Arterburn.

Christians can be some of the cruelest people on the planet.

Not all.

But way too many.

Zora & Nicky by Claudia Mair Burney, rocked my world as I knew it, giving me the courage to be authentic. Burney's book was the first addition to the new genre I've coined: Transformative Fiction. It sat alone until now.

Healing Stones pulls out a plot so powerful no one can read it and remain the same. Rue and Arterburn shatter the illusion enveloping many Christian institutional settings, while infusing healing, hope and a plan toward authenticity.

EVERY pain, fear, hurt, doubt I'm experiencing now, showed up on the pages. Main character, Sullivan Crisp and secondary character Dr. Ethan Kaye rolled together ARE me.

Just change some genders, settings and details but keep the basic plot the same - except for the affair part and you've got my life. Down to the Breast Nazi.

Nancy Rue and Steve Arterburn pulled me out of my tiny little world, placing the puzzle piece called "The Adventurous Life of Darcie" into The Big Picture.

God sees. God knows. God grieves. God heals.

Healing Stones offers way more than a fantastic read. My opinion is that the book should be a handbook for any person wanting to do more than warm 3 square feet of sitting space in a church building once a week. It should be read by people who've been hurt by folks claiming the name of Jesus. It should be read by pastors, professors, Sunday School teachers and ministry leaders who yearn for expanding the Kingdom.

Okay. Go. Buy. It. Now.

No comments: