Friday, August 08, 2008

Clippy de Pickies


Yes. I do clip my cats' toenails!

Esau doesn't mind. He sits on my lap like a burlap sack of potatoes as I squeeze his paw to extend a claw - then CLIP!

Knowing I didn't want to declaw, I started picky clipping when the cats were kittens. Esau was six weeks old when the clippers chomped on his toenails for the first time.

Chloe was 6 months old when we adopted her. She protested loudly (still does) but doesn't fight me over it. Chloe yowels and yammers if you look at her wrong.

The Blob. The Blob. Her previous owner had her declawed in the front, but I clip her back claws every now and then. She was more than a year old when I started. It's not her favorite thing (anything outside of eating isn't her favorite thing), but she lets me do it.

None of the cats will allow anyone else to get anyone to point sharp objects in their direction. John glances at Chloe and she rockets into hiding! Esau flattens himself onto the floor wishing himself invisible and the Blob tries to squeeze under a piece of furniture, but only her head fits.

If you want to know why - check out this old post of flying cats.

1 comment:

C.J. Darlington said...

I love those flying cats!!!

Hey ... I've tagged you to play a book buzz meme, if you're interested.

See the post here.