Monday, April 16, 2007

Something um, a Little Exotic...


Looks like something you'd find in the litterbox if your cat happens to like raw coffee beans...

Folks, that ain't far from the truth! The stuff you see pictured here on the left (picture from www.animalcoffee.com )sells for $75 per quarter pound and is, uh, processed in Sumatra by some small marsupial kind of animal. I'll leave the kind of "processing" to your imagination.

Kopi Luwak is what it's called. The coffee, that is. A paradoxurous (picture from blueplantebiomes.org) Is the creature responsible for this, uh java phenom. Kinda cute, don't your think?

In an article by Chris Rubin, the coffee is described as "incredibly full bodied, almost syrupy. It's thick with a hint of chocolate, and lingers on the tongue with a long, clean aftertaste." Not sure I'd want to drink anything that came from the butt of a racoon-looking animal.

My dog Caleb on the other hand...

As for me, I think I'll stick to my Starbucks or Village Roaster thank you very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of someday splurging for some Kopi Luwak beans... someday when I'm rich enough.

D. Gudger said...

Maybe by then I'll be brave enough to give it a taste... just a sip if you won't charge me $15!