Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, give me a break

Oprah has a keychain that counts down the days, hours, minutes and seconds 'till Obama becomes president.

What do people expect? Instant wealth? Some kind of magical transformation?

QVC is selling anything and everything Obama. Plates, coins, mugs, T-shirts... I bet if I dig far enough there are sheets, pillows, boxer shorts and sunglasses! Wait, what about doggie dishes, leashes, diapers?

Or how 'bout some jewelry?

Rand McNally, the map maker is cashing in on the big O (is Oprah ready to share her letter?) with commemerative maps.

Better yet, get a load of this! The Democrats have a superstore with... you name it. So that's how they raise all their money. With the profit they bring in w/ the inaguration, they are sure to buy the world. Forget taking it over! Found the doggie wear on this site.

Personally, I think Mr. Obama is in for a shock. Terrorists don't do tea and crumpets, or share their toys. Nor does money grow on trees.

I hope Obama has a reality check and dives in to do what's best for the country, not what will make him popular. I want him to succeed so the US succeeds.

Until then, I guess I need to put my hope on a rope. (Take a look - a caricature of the to-be prez in soap !)

1 comment:

Jan Parrish said...

That's almost OCD.